Dinesh Karthik Hints At Rift Between Gautam Gambhir And Ajit Agarkar

<p>Former India wicketkeeper-batter Dinesh Karthik believes there could be a difference in approach between head coach Gautam Gambhir and chief selector Ajit Agarkar, with contrasting priorities potentially affecting Team India's selection strategy during the recent T20I tour of the UK.</p> <p>India endured a disappointing campaign under Shreyas Iyer, losing the two-match T20I series against Ireland 2-0 before suffering a 4-0 defeat to England in the five-match series. The poor results have intensified scrutiny over Gambhir's tenure, while selection decisions involving Sanju Samson and teenage prodigy Vaibhav Suryavanshi have also sparked debate.</p> <p>Speaking on the Sky Sports Cricket Podcast, Karthik suggested that the frequent changes in the playing XI point to a possible lack of alignment between the coaching staff and the selection panel.</p> <p>&ldquo;A bit of friction between the chief selector and head coach. I feel Agarkar has long-term plans, and the current coach is saying, "You know, I want to win every game I play." Hence, the confusion we see unfolding before us. Is it ideal for the players? Definitely not,&rdquo; Karthik said on the Sky Sports Cricket Podcast.</p> <p>&ldquo;I mean, if you are from India, imagine the bench strength you have? Everyone is thinking that if I have a couple of bad games, anyone can replace me. On top of that, this happens, it's definitely a situation that India needs to be aware of and rectify as soon as possible,&rdquo; he added.</p> <p>Karthik suggested that Ajit Agarkar's focus is on building the team for the future, while Gautam Gambhir's priority is delivering immediate results, a difference in approach that he believes could be influencing India's selection decisions.</p> <p>&ldquo;I think the chief selector Agarkar has an eye on the future, and he wants to see the group of players around. Meanwhile, Gambhir might be thinking, &lsquo;I want to win every series because it&rsquo;s my name on the line.' So, maybe there's a conflict; it looks like that,&rdquo; said Karthik.</p> <p>&ldquo;There's one selector who wants to build the squad, and there's another who is saying I want success because every series I play, my name is on the line along with the captain,&rdquo; he added.</p> <p><iframe title="YouTube video player" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/38nN8rebqfg?si=7yUd0vuZErCVPQan" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></p>

from Jasprit Bumrah Scripts History! Breaks Ajit Agarkar's Record To Join Elite ODI Club https://ift.tt/Xmw4cAx

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post